Richmond International Airport (RIC) is the premier provider of aviation services for private aircraft owned by corporations and other institutions in Central Virginia.
Corporate aviation departments, pilots and passengers value the full scope of services at RIC, including:
- 24-hour security by Airport Police
- Comprehensive on-airport Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting (ARFF) and EMT services
- Takeoffs and landings managed by an FAA-owned and staffed control tower
- A Category III B, ground-based instrument approach system that aids landings when visibility is limited due to weather conditions.
- Convenient interstate access to the Central Business District and points across the metro area
RIC’s Master Plan update, completed in 2012, forecasts significant room for expansion well beyond the 20-year planning period. RIC has more than 300 developable acres of land that it currently owns and maintains, requiring no additional land purchases to meet current needs.
The FAA has designated Chesterfield County airport as a future reliever airport to RIC. Due to the current and projected capacity at RIC, support from a reliever airport will not be needed anytime during the next 20 years and beyond.
Companies or individuals who are interested in more information about corporate and general aviation services at RIC should contact Russ Peaden, Director of Airport Real Estate and Facilities, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fixed Based Operators
Richmond International Airport is home to three Fixed Base Operators (FBOs) that manage a wide array of aeronautical services including fueling, hangar usage, tie-down and parking, de-icing and meeting facilities, as well as aircraft rental, maintenance and instruction.
The nation’s premier provider of executive private charter flights and aviation services is located at Richmond International Airport. Million Air, a locally owned Fixed Base Operator (FBO), brings a higher standard of excellence to Central Virginia, making it more convenient, more efficient and more cost effective to manage, maintain and utilize private jet flights.
Offering Avfuel-branded Jet A and 100LL and Quick Turns, Million Air allows your transportation to pull right out to the aircraft for the full convenience of your passengers. And with 24/7 operations, there’s always somebody available to help.
- FAA Approved Repair Station for Class 3 Airframes and Engines
- Maintenance for Lear 20-30 series, Beechjet and Citation 500
- Authorized Cirrus Service Center
- Aircraft Management and Charters
- Avfuel-branded Jet A and 100LL Sales (Retail, Contract or Airlines)
- Airline & Charter Ground Handling
- De-Icing, Heated Hangars
- UNICOM/ARINC: 130.3
Million Air Contact Information:
Richmond Jet Center
With 24/7 operations at Richmond International Airport, Richmond Jet Center offers a full line of Fixed Based Operator (FBO) services including catering, flight planning and heated hangars. More than just fuel services, Richmond Jet Center offers a pilot’s lounge, flight planning area, two conference rooms, crew cars and rental car availability. Richmond Jet Center allows your transportation to pull right out to the aircraft for the full convenience of your passengers.
- Shell Aviation Jet A and 100LL Retail Sales; Contract Programs Available
- Corporate Aircraft Services & Maintenance
- Aircraft Storage Hangars
- Airline and Charter Ground Handling
- Approved Reagan National DCA (DASSP) Gateway Facility
- UNICOM/ARINC: 131.425
Richmond Jet Center Contact Information:
This family-owned and operated, full-service Fixed Base Operator (FBO) and private aircraft charter company has been around since 1946. From a quick fuel top-off upon arrival at Richmond International Airport to a complete annual and/or avionics systems installation, Aero Industries keeps you in the air 24/7.
Best of all, any maintenance performed at Aero Industries meets FAA approved FAR Part 145 Repair Station standards and incorporates the use of only FAA approved and accepted parts, procedures and methods. Plus, it’s a Cessna Service Center and FAA Certified Repair Station offering airframe, engine and propeller maintenance, and avionics sales and charter, and can provide aircraft interiors and composite services.
- Department of Defense (DoD) Services
- Airline and Corporate On-Call Maintenance
- Cessna Single Engine Service Center
- Cessna Composite Structure Repair Center
- Avionics and Interior Shop
- NDI Services
- Shell Aviation Jet A and 100LL Retail Sales
- Airline and Charter Ground Handling
- UNICOM/ARINC: 122.95
Aero Industries Contact Information:
Two charter companies call Richmond International Airport home – both of which offer a convenient, high-end private aviation experience. Each company offers aircraft with varying ranges, seating capacities and amenities for your comfort.
Buying, operating and maintaining an aircraft is expensive and time consuming. That’s why Martinair's core businesses are aircraft management and aircraft charter. Martinair allows your transportation to pull right out to the aircraft for the full convenience of your passengers. They can also help you reduce costs and save time by managing your aircraft for you. They have a solid track record in evaluating, purchasing and maintaining aircraft for corporations and individuals. Here is just a sample of the expert support Martinair provides:
- Premier Charter Services
- Aircraft Management
- Aircraft Sales
- Aircraft Maintenance including Beechcraft King Air, Beechjet, Challenger, Citation and Lear
Martin Air Contact Information:
Richmond, Virginia, is where HeloAir got its start, and RIC is home to the majority of the company's aircraft as well as its corporate offices and maintenance team. A leading Mid-Atlantic Helicopter Charter Management Company with offices in Richmond, Norfolk and Washington, D.C., HeloAir offers charter and management services to a variety of clients including Fortune 500 corporations, NASCAR, state and federal governments, Medevac and TV/film companies. Based at RIC are five of their best helicopters, including two Bell 206 JetRangers, one Bell 206 LongRanger and two Bell 407s.
- Helicopter Charter Management
- Aerial Filming
- Utility Projects – Power Line Patrols
- Fire Suppression
- External Load/Long Line Support
- NASCAR Shuttle
HeloAir Contact Information:
Charter services are also available via Aero Industries and Million Air. A complete listing of services for these companies is listed here.
ATP Flight School
ATP has steadily grown to become the largest flight training company in the United States. Preparing men and women for professional pilot careers with airlines, corporate flight departments, air charter companies, flight schools and U.S. military pilot slots, ATP provides the training these industries look for in applicants. At Richmond International Airport, you have access to their efficient, highly focused training toward FAA pilot certification.
- Professional Flight Training
- Airline Career Pilot Program
- Aircraft & Simulators
- Online Training Resources
- Lodging and Transportation
ATP Flight School Contact Information:
Jim Koziarski, VP of Flight Operations
5745 Huntsman Rd
Richmond, VA 23250
Looking for more information about General Aviation related services at Richmond International Airport? Check out these helpful resources.